title

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Well The Weather Outside Is...

Hot, windy, and full of smoke, so how about a list of the soups I plan to make when it finally does start getting cold???

1. Minestrone: an absolute MUST, I tend to make way too much of it and the man isn't really into soups so it's alllll foooooor mmeeeee!!!

2. Spicy Bean Soup: a Giada recipe...she kind of bugs me, but MAN this recipe is SO good. I add kidney beans and omit one of the cans of garbanzo beans. It's really good with cornbread, and I have a sneaking suspicion that adding a little pancetta in the beginning would be DE-lectable!

3. Mmmm, chicken tortilla from my Making It Easy recipe book. Perfect combination of spice and acidity-think chicken soup for your cold with a kick. I like to start it with a mirpois combined with the chipotle and garlic. Also, a little super ripe avocado on top is pretty sweet.

4. Butternut squash FOR SURE

5. Wild mushroom-creamy and SO satisfying.

6. Potato Leek: Anyone have a good recipe? I don't want it to be too thick.

7. Albondigas: Staple from when I was little that I've never tried...I think I could rock it pretty hard.

8. Creamy tomato basil: I am SO gonna kick Jefe's ass on this one. He thinks he's all special since he made it AND made homemade sourdough bowls for it to go in!

9. HMMMMM, maybe I can come up with my own ultimate stew. Ooooh like a nice spicy stew with rosemary and a little beef loin, red potatoes, carrot, celery, shallot. Gotta work on that

10. Does rice pudding count? Whatever, you say...it counts and I'm making it!!!

No comments: